New Felkyo Site

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Felkyo Site

Post  Ruinily on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:57 pm

Well I'm still working very hard on things for the new site, it might be a little different, but I'm hoping that its an improvement. Spirited I've started this new thread to ask some questions and suggestions to see what people think, if anyone still checks here.

1, Since the new coding will allow me to have actual items that actually do things like level a pet I was wondering if I should try something new like having pets primarily leveling off food items instead of clicks, which would instead only give the gems needed to buy the food. Though at the moment I'm leaning towards using both clicks and food and greatly increasing the clicks needed for each level. That way anyone that has too many gems has something else to use them on.

2, I'm wondering if anyone is sensitive enough to be against me using the animal species as food items. I have some things like drostall deer steaks and fried hermit quadshrimp. Since this is how the real world works I thought it might be good to include creatures from this little world. But if anyone is appalled by it I'll either not use the items or change the names to simple sheep and deer. There are plenty of vegetarian dishes too though for anyone that wants to avoid meat altogether. Wink

3, I'm very sorry about the last site, it got shut down by the host with no reason. I tried to contact them but they shut me out and closed my help thread, so I've had to move on. I can still recover all the page and database data from the site, but I'm looking to upgrade the site to a new and (hopefully) much better version of coding. It should have all sorts of new things, like the items, and an integrated forum. And being sick of rubbish hosts I've actually paid for this one so it should be running perfectly once I've sorted out the coding glitches. Wink But unless I get a lot of help putting all the old database info in by hand I'm afraid it'll be a start over for site users. I'm happy to restore pets and gems to anyone that asks, so let me know if you do. I can insert all the data from the old pets right down to the id number if you want. If I get everything working and I have some time I might restore old regulars accounts anyway. I have an insane amount of work to do, so it depends how fast it gets done.

4, I'm just uploading and sorting some things out, then I think I'll be able to let beta testers in after I check a few things myself. I'll be constantly adding things while the beta testers check everything out, but I want to know if there's any other glitches I need to sort out. So this is an invitation, if you want to be a beta tester just post here and I'll send you a link once its ready. Content
Ruinily
Admin

Female
Ruinily's Emblem
Pet : Blacky
Masks Masks : 1375

View user profile http://felkyo.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New Felkyo Site

Post  Nightstooth on Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:27 pm

Sad to hear about the old site being shut down for absolutely no reason.

Those food sound like the cod thing when it used to turn into a plate of food. As long as not all of our animal and plant pets evolve into food, I'm fine with it.

I'm not sure if I'd rather have pets evolve from clicks alone, food items alone, or both.
Nightstooth

Spirit
Fyre Emblem
Pet : Rocky
Masks Masks : 317

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightstooth on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:18 am

It's been almost a month. Is the new site almost done?
Nightstooth

Spirit
Fyre Emblem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruinily on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:32 pm

Kind of... I want to say yes, but every time I get close something weird happens... This time I've had to delete all the pets I put into the database because its messed up the numbers and now I cant get them to work... Most of the website is up now, its just the actual pets I'm having trouble with... I'm hoping I can grab the original coder over spring break and get his help as well as someone else who's been helping me with coding to finally get it working... The main thing I seem to be doing is waiting for help from people, so I'm doing some extra artwork to get ahead on portals. The moment I get it to some sort of roughly working state I'll post it on the twitter and facebook feeds. Spirited
Ruinily
Admin

Female
Ruinily's Emblem

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightstooth on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:30 pm

I don't have the links to the twitter or to facebook. I don't normally use them so I never bookmarked them, and I don't think the links to those feeds are posted on the forums, unless I missed it somewhere.

Hopefully it gets working again.
Nightstooth

Spirit
Fyre Emblem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruinily on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:47 pm

Ah, sorry, I'll give you the links below. I have some people helping, but since it tends to be a reply a day and their trying to get their own pet sites up and working at the same time its all taking a lot more time than we thought... You'll only need to watch one of these feeds, their linked so they have the same updates.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Felkyo-Creatures/128904600522839
Twitter: https://twitter.com/FelkyoCreatures
Ruinily
Admin

Female
Ruinily's Emblem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content